Thursday, April 14, 2016

THROWBACK THURSDAY - Lip Gloss

Up until college, I alternated exclusively between Chapsticks and lip glosses. I hadn't been bitten by the lipstick bug yet. My favorite lip gloss was Revlon's Super Lustrous Shine City. It was a translucent pale pink gloss with shimmer throughout. It was an easy thing for me to throw on and feel put together. I actually thought that lipsticks were more high maintenance.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss Shine City © Allure.com
I went to college in a very bike-friendly campus and would ride my bike every day to go to class or work. I remember when lip gloss really started to irritate me on days that were especially windy. I usually wore my hair down so if I forgot to bring a hair tie, my hair would fly all over and stick to my lips. Worst of all, there would sometimes be tiny bugs that would land in my gloss while I was biking! :(

That was around the time I retired my lip glosses. I kept my lips pretty low-key until the tail end of college when I started trying lipsticks that were right for my skin tone. I sort of regret not using lipstick sooner, but I think trying the wrong colors deterred me from making it a frequently used product. I prefer the wear-off of lipsticks more than lipglosses. Now I love lipsticks and use them 99.9% of the time I wear makeup. I do wish I still enjoyed wearing lip glosses a little bit, but that's only because I have a few tubes still laying around.

Are there any products that you used to use constantly but have now almost completely stopped? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment