Wednesday, April 20, 2016

EMPTIES - April

I'm so excited to be able to do an empties post for you all. It's rare for me to use up more than one product at a time so I jumped at the opportunity to write this when I had three!

L to R: Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash w/ Shea Butter, Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend Gentle Foaming Hand Soap, Trader Joe's Face & Body SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion

Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash w/ Shea Butter 

I picked up the Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash at Target a couple of months ago when the very dry, very itchy spot on my shin wasn't going away. I looked up reviews online and it seemed to be a hit. The formula includes one whole jar of moisturizer so it seemed promising. Used in conjunction with my Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion with Aloe, my troubled skin seemed to improve a lot. My arms were also starting to feel more supple after each use. I sometimes forget how dry the climate in LA really is.
Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash w/ Shea Butter Description
It has a light shea butter scent which I found very pleasant. I don't think this would irritate most people's noses. The body wash produces a nice frothy lather and the generous 23.6 oz in this bottle lasts a good amount of time.


Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend Gentle Foaming Hand Soap

I've been using Bath & Body Works' products for many years. I really enjoy using their gentle foaming hand soaps. Because I was dealing with dry skin, I designated my foaming hand soaps for the bathroom and the deep cleansing ones for the kitchen. I like to stock up on these when there's a nice promo in stores that you can combine with a coupon.

Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend Gentle Foaming Hand Soap
You can always get a nice lather with these hand soaps and the variety of scents is wonderful. This time, I tried it out in Endless Weekend.

Endless Weekend Gentle Foaming Hand Soap Description
I really enjoyed this scent although it smells a little different than the Ultra Shea Body Cream. The hand soap smells more aquatic and doesn't have the coconut note that the body cream does, which I enjoyed in the latter. Endless Weekend as a whole is a nice way to include a coconut scent in your daily routine without it being too overpowering, just not in the hand soap!


Trader Joe's Face & Body Sunscreen Lotion

I'm picky about the sunscreens I use. Before read the reviews online and purchased Trader Joe's Face & Body Sunscreen, I thought all sunscreens were hard to blend into skin and that was just something I had to deal with.
Trader Joe's Face & Body Sunscreen
I love how this blends in like a regular lotion and it has SPF 30 in it. Even better, you can use it on your face and it's non-comedogenic, too! I did notice a while later that parts of my face were feeling drier than normal, like around my nose. I looked up this issue online and someone said that it could be due to sunscreen. I started applying a little bit of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ and it seems to have helped with the flakiness.

Description on Back of Trader Joe's Face & Body Sunscreen Lotion

The skin on our faces is naturally thinner and more sensitive than the rest of our bodies. It's just that some of us are more sensitive than others. I still think this is a great sunscreen. It can only be purchased in stores at Trader Joe's and it's priced at $5.99.


Have you used any products in my April Empties? Care to share yours from this month? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment