Thursday, April 7, 2016

THROWBACK THURSDAY - Glitter!

If you wore glitter as an adolescent in the early 2000s, you got bitten pretty hard by the beauty bug. I know I did! It's been a long time coming and I avoid glitter whenever possible now.

I can't recall what went on during that time period. I just think a lot of girls at school were wearing glitter and many others followed suit. There's not much going on in the judgement center of the brain at that age! I was pretty obsessed with glitter when I was 12. I especially liked to put it in my hair with my nifty hair mascara. It was a tube of baby blue gel with rainbow glitter suspended in it. I think the lack needing a proper application technique really propelled this trend with young girls. You haphazardly wave your hand around and voilà! You're instantly gorgeous!

Bath & Body Works Art Stuff Hair Glitter in Blazin' Blueberry. ©Unknown.
My other beloved glitter item was Bath & Body Works Art Stuff Hair Glitter in Blazin' Blueberry. A glitter hairspray was pretty much my dream come true at that time. AND to smell like blueberry candy? That was a bonus! The liquid and the glitter would eventually clog up the little hole and made it really hard to spray. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, right? I have since moved on to better and finer-milled things :)


Were you into the whole glitter phase back in 2000? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment