Thursday, May 5, 2016

THROWBACK THURSDAY - What Makeup Technique Did You Formerly Use A Lot But Don't Anymore?

Learning about makeup is a long and winding road. Choosing the right colors, tools, and adopting the techniques that work for you is no easy task for most novices. This brings me to today's Throwback Thursday question: What makeup technique did you formerly use a lot but don't anymore?

Back in high school, I would tightline on my upper and lower waterline every single day. I thought all that black eyeliner looked so bad ass! Sure, the smudging got annoying, but I didn't care about it enough to change my look. I didn't think it was high maintenance at all to reapply my eyeliner at least twice during school.

Between the summer after high school and freshman year of college, I took a break from eyeliner and makeup in general and went barefaced most days. When I started wearing makeup again during college, my style shifted into a very light-handed one. I hit pan very quickly on this one taupe Clinique eyeshadow single and used lots of waterproof mascara. I tried tightlining again and that was when I realized how much I had been limiting my eye space. That was when I consciously decided to stop tightlining all the way around.

Now I love doing winged eyeliner so tightlining is a bit overkill since I've learned that it overwhelms my limited eyelid space. I still love the look on other people, though. Once in a while, I'll smudge a little eyeliner on my lower lash line, but I find using a darker eyeshadow with an angled brush is much easier to achieve that soft smokey look. I also use eyeliner pencils in a totally different way now: as a dark eyeshadow base on my upper eyelid. I wonder if I'll be doing my eye makeup in the same way years from now!

What makeup technique did you formerly use a lot but don't anymore? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment