Friday, February 26, 2016

REVIEW - Victoria's Secret xo Victoria Eau de Parfum Rollerball

I went to the mall this week armed with my Victoria's Secret $10 reward. I saw they had a new perfume called xo Victoria and the rollerball was on sale for $10 down from $18 retail price, so I ended up getting it for free--score! This is a good way to try out a perfume without committing to the full size EDP. However, I normally buy the full size bottle during their Semi-Annual Sale if I really like it.

At first glance, I was immediately drawn to the packaging. It was just so SPRING. The watercolor roses on the white background was so perfect. The white bow on the twist-off cap is adorable. The full-size bottle is really gorgeous and I think it would look just lovely on a vanity. It's really different from what Victoria's Secret normally releases. It's a lot more delicate than most of their scents. This would make a great gift for someone. I tried it out in the store and thought it was pleasant enough to take home (for free, anyway :p).




 Very delicate and dainty packaging.

Description on Victoria's Secret.com:
Sheer perfection: this travel-ready fragrance proves happy is the new sexy, with a sunkissed rose scent that’s wild, free and effortless.
  • Fragrance type: Floral
  • Notes: Victoria rose, lady apple, English ivy
  • Limited edition
  • 7 ml/.23 fl. oz.

I applied it again at home and so I can really judge its performance. All the Eau de Parfums I've tried from Victoria's Secret seem to only last a couple hours on me. Afterwards, I'm usually left with a faint white musk scent. xo Victoria was no exception in the longevity department and it faded after a couple of hours. I'm not sure if it's just desensitization on my part, though. I really loved the initial application. I'm a sucker for floral/fruity scents especially if the fruity note is apple. I also don't like scents that are overly sickly sweet so this was a good balance. The rose and English ivy notes kind of mixed together so they weren't distinguishable after the first few minutes of application. It smells more "green" when I first put it on. By the end of the day, I was left with a slightly rosey musky note. Very subtle and clean, so I didn't mind at all. The rollerball size is good to take around in your purse if you feel like reapplying midday. Everyone's body chemistry is different so I think it's best to try it out for yourself in store before buying. In my opinion, it should be a relatively safe blind-buy if you're not able to try it out in stores.

This is a "safe" scent to buy for anyone as a gift. It's definitely more delicate and subtle than some of the other EDPs Victoria's Secret offers. I'm partial to fruity/floral perfumes so I am disappointed that this is a limited edition. They always get rid of the good ones, right? Don't even get me started on Bath & Body Works (for those who don't know, they're sister companies). I've lost a few favorites along the way. I'll just have to make sure I buy a few full size ones during the semi-annual sale this summer.

Have you tried xo Victoria? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment