Monday, February 29, 2016

MANI MONDAY - Pantone 2016

Today's Mani Monday is inspired by the two Pantone 2016 colors: Rose Quartz & Serenity. I thought it was also the perfect transition mani as we are ending Winter and heading toward Spring. We are definitely feeling the heat already in Los Angeles.

I think the colors are very fitting at the start of a new year. We can all use a little more tranquility in our lives. The Rose Quartz is definitely having a moment with the whole rose gold craze. It was actually my accent color for my wedding last year!

Pantone©
A delicate Spring pink in Essie's Meet Me at the Altar and a dusty blue in Essie's Parka Perfect.
One day I'll try to do an ombre effect manicure with these colors. I have such a huge stash of nail polishes that after I did this mani, I found a periwinkle that was an even closer match to Serenity!

Essie's Meet Me at the Altar is a very delicate blueish blush pink. It was on the verge of giving me lobster hands. It has very subtle silver shimmer that you can see in the bottle, but unfortunately, does not translate onto the nail. It's a great option for a bridal nail color. Essie's Parka Perfect reminds me of a calm rainy day and even a little bit of my hometown of San Francisco. It's a wonderful dusty blue and has enough warmth for me to wear without getting those damn lobster hands.

I've learned over the years what works well for others may not work as well for you. Side note: I tried Essie's Ballet Slippers once upon a time since it is always mentioned in the "must haves" of the nail polish world. It did not look as lovely on me as those photos. I got major lobster hands!

I consider myself to have a neutral skin tone but leaning slightly warm. Finding good nail polish in fun colors can be a challenge, hence my big collection! I hope to one day buy a Helmer drawer from Ikea so I can really feel legit!

Are you guys a big fan of the Pantone 2016 color choices? Have they influenced your style at all for 2016? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment