Thursday, March 31, 2016

THROWBACK THURSDAY - Sailor Moon

Were any of you Sailor Moon fans? I was obsessed with all the Sailor Senshi back in elementary school. I watched the anime all the time and collected many trading cards. I wore Sailor Moon clothing. It was pretty serious. Like most childhood memories, however, my obsession faded as I grew up.

Sailor Moon Original 90s Anime © Naoko Takeuchi, Toei Animation

BUT recently Sailor Moon had their 20th anniversary. WOW does time fly or what?! Now all the Moonies my age are grown up and we get a nice treat of beautiful, age-appropriate, Sailor Moon merchandise. I indulged a little but didn't go crazy buying everything in sight while in Tokyo and Hong Kong. I did buy some figurines that I'm saving to put in a display case later on when I get a bigger place. Toei Animation released Sailor Moon Crystal last year and it pulled me right back in. Season 3 of Crystal will be available to watch in April. Granted, I'm not as obsessed as before, but it's nice to revisit those childhood memories. 

Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3 © Naoko Takeuchi, Toei Animation
My favorite was Sailor Venus. I thought she was so pretty. Now, I like them all! You get really picky when you're younger and we were so shallow. I didn't think Sailor Mercury was all that appealing but now I see her as a very kind-hearted character and that girl is SMART! What I love the most rewatching the old anime especially is how the senshi supported each other through thick and thin. We need more girl power nowadays! *I know, I know, the outer senshi didn't warm up to the inner senshi until much later but you know what I mean :)

I was feeling a little inspired by the colors of the Sailor Senshi's uniforms and I'm going to try to put more of my colorful eyeshadows to good use! There are so many beautiful color combinations there and any excuse to play with colors is fine with me!

Any other Moonies out there? Have you ever had a makeup look inspired by a cartoon/anime character? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment