Thursday, June 16, 2016

THROWBACK THURSDAY - Choker Necklaces

Remember those "tattoo" choker necklaces and bracelets from the early 2000s? I had a black choker necklace that I wore for a good part of 6th grade along with my baggy pants and tank top. It wasn't the most flattering look but 12 year-old me thought my look was pretty fierce.

After the choker trend faded, I realized that I hated short necklace chains. To this day, I still prefer pendant-length ones. I can occasionally find one that falls in the middle. I feel like necklaces that are super short or chokers make my neck look really short.

I noticed recently that 15 years later, the choker trend is back in full force for a whole new generation to fawn over. The biggest difference is that there are way more styles.
I had this exact choker in middle school! © Forever21.com
Did you sport a choker in your younger days? Are you rocking them now? Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I remember these when I was younger, so funny that they have come back into fashion! I am so glad I came across your blog, keep up the amazing work you are doing on it lovely! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete